- Warm Breezes Tony Horowitz 0:26
- The Seventh Night Tony Horowitz 0:14
- Tomorrow Tony Horowitz 0:34
- Driving Along Tony Horowitz 0:27
- I Want You Now Tony Horowitz 0:32
- Paz Y Amor Tony Horowitz 0:34
- Cote D Azur Tony Horowitz 0:37
- Roxford Tony Horowitz 0:31
- Next To You Tony Horowitz 0:31
- Mombasa Tony Horowitz 0:23
- Top Down Breeze Tony Horowitz 0:52
- Venezia Tony Horowitz 0:39
“With this program of original songs, trumpeter Tony Horowitz paints a smooth jazz landscape that comes with a built-in Latin background and deeply felt emotions. He surrounds himself with electric bass, keyboards, synthesizers, the Flörsheim Consort and a laid-back drummer while he takes a stroll along melody lane. Lyrical in his approach, Horowitz partners with flautist Torsten Kamps, and acoustic guitarist Dieter Kociemba, to deliver a gentle excursion.
Horowitz, who paid his dues with the bands of Ray Charles, Louis Prima, and Lou Rawls, lived in Hollywood for many years as a studio musician who racked up credits on television, film soundtracks and popular recordings. His open trumpet on “Paz Y Amor” demonstrates the heart that goes into his work. It’s a lovely Spanish ballad that everyone can fall in love with at first hearing. Similarly, “Côte D’Azur” provides a lovely ballad setting that’s rich and comfortable with its acoustic guitar and flute partnerships.
With multi-tracked trumpets exploring sonorous harmonic patterns, “Tomorrow” sizzles in the sunshine of a warm spring afternoon. “Driving Along” features the leader’s horn in an animated trek, while “Top Down Breeze” lets the band relax to a serene landscape that includes synth strings and wordless vocals to soothe and refine. Horowitz brings us a sunny day with mild temperatures to enjoy at our leisure.”
– Jim Santella, LA Jazz Scene Magazine, September 2006